Thursday, November 29, 2007

some Blogspot tweaks

To get my previous post to look halfway decent, I needed to figure out how to create a table with a border and gridlines, and with proper spacing around the table. And I also wanted a bulleted list without tons of spacing above and below the list. This took a little investigation and some relearning of HTML and CSS ... some searches in the Blogspot Help Resources, Google searches for HTML and CSS info, etc.

I'm surprised it wasn't more straightforward.

But I'm pleased with what I came up with, and now I'm an expert on the subject :-). I just had to hand-code some <table> HTML, and add some CSS to my Template.

oh - I also set it up so all my photos have a nice teal border. yeah!

I spent several hours doing the tweaks. It's time that I probably should have spent hanging Christmas lights, or cleaning the house, or paying bills or something, instead of fiddling around with a blog that almost nobody else will ever read....

No comments: