Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Sidda Shivers

Went to the dog park yesterday with my daughter, to take pictures of her dog Sidda. I thought I would need to keep my right index finger exposed, to be able to operate the shutter effectively. But it was way too cold, even though I was trying to pull my coat sleeve down as far as possible over my fingers. I put my glove back on and found that I had no trouble with the shutter after all. But geez it was cold; still had to stop a couple times to remove my gloves and put both hands under my jackets to thaw back out. Yes I said jackets.

Exposure (no pun intended) is always tricky in the snow. Took full advantage of the LCD screen to adjust the shutter speed/aperture properly, and then left it in manual. This burned me later when we moved under some trees and I forgot to increase the exposure... [120mm (180mm equiv), 1/500sec, f/11, ISO 800.]

Right now I'm sitting at home watching the Outback Bowl, wondering which Tennessee team will show up for this game. This team has been so unpredictable! Got my UT sweatshirt out of the closet for this occasion. Can't say that I'm proudly wearing it, since I'm hidden away in my basement. But Go Vols...

No comments: