Sunday, June 15, 2008

nvgp 08 stage 6

A beautiful day in Stillwater!

Saw Caroline at the race and she complimented me on several of my cyclingnews photos. Ran into my friend Jacob Gibb on the back side of the course where he had set up his strobes.

Spent too much time at the top of the climb during the women's race. Which surprises me, 'cuz I already felt like I've taken so many pictures from that same spot for the past several years. On the other hand, you get some dramatic shots there – slow speeds, huge efforts.

Moved around a lot more during the men's race. Lay on the sidewalk for a while to get dramatic shots of the cyclists flying around the corners. Shot many of these at 18mm and could have used a wider lens.

Received email from Phil Zajicek's mom. She liked the photo I got of him at the starting line of Stage 4.

Uploaded 27 photos to cyclingnews.

No comments: