Sunday, November 16, 2008

State Championships CX

Last cyclocross race of the season in Minnesota.

Bought new Swix gloves earlier this week. (A brand recommended by BruceA.) Found them on clearance at Gear West. Trying to go cheap, and might have gone too cheap; they may not keep out the wind like I need. Anyway, I could only find one of them when heading out the door this morning! So I brought my polypro liners to wear with my cycling gloves instead.

Walked all the way around the course, looking for the best photo spots. The course was way long! Maybe I should've just run back and forth all day between the stair climb and the sand pit / barriers. Nah, then I would've missed the photos along the lake. On top of that, I wouldn't have run into All the Way Ray. I stopped and chatted a while with him just before Race 3. He's still enjoying his cortisone shot.

Mmmm, that dark beer at the BMC tent was sure good. I met meow while I was enjoying my frosty beverage, but I didn't get a cookie from her. :-( I hope there's a next time....

I hate to sound like a whiner, but my back was killing me today. A simple little sneeze yesterday morning really aggravated my pulled muscle (geez I sound fragile). Made it hard to concentrate on photos.

Still, I'm pleased with some of the photos I got on hooligan hill, with the whiskey and beer hand-ups and the dollar primes. (The new superwide lens was handy for getting crowd shots up there.) On the other hand I wish I had spent more time at the sand pit.

Rawbee is talking about doing an online gallery of "best of the 2008 season" from various photographers. I think we'd want to get photos from T.C.Worley, Andy Frye, Bruce A, etc. We'd probably also solicit photos at the mcf.net/mboard. Lots of people are always out there taking photos; surely they've captured a few gems they'd be willing to share.

Who knows, maybe we can get One on One Bike Studio to hang them. That would be cool! Starting to look into that...

3 comments:

StevenCX said...

Best of 2008 is a fab idea! Maybe even a calendar!

Meow said...

And hey-if One on One hangs them, maybe we can have a party!!!

Robbie Halvorson said...

Geez Frank, I guess we're going to have to go through with it now that it's out there!

Rawbee