Thursday, November 8, 2007

Ham Lake CX

I went to the Ham Lake cyclocross race on Saturday (Ham Lake, MN), to take photos and, well, to watch my first 'cross race. I was hoping to see some of my co-workers riding there but didn't; wondered if they were doing the velodrome 'cross on Sunday instead. I did see Paula at the race with her kids; she was spectating and supporting some friends and teammates. I had no idea who won the races -- I was concentrating on the photography and had a nice walk through the woods. :-)

a slideshow of some of my better photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/frankrowe/sets/72157602894261589/show/

many, many more photos are here:
http://frankrowe.photoreflect.com/

I'm generally happy with how the photos came out. wide and medium shots with my kit 18-55 lens; otherwise, my pro 80-200. captured as .jpg, manual white balance set to "Cloudy", manual focus. all shots taken at 1/350 sec at ISO 1600. shutter speed was a little slow for some of the shots, especially when the cyclists were riding across the frame (left-to-right or right-to-left).

No comments: