Thursday, June 12, 2008

nvgp 08 stage 2

My friend and co-worker and fellow cyclist and photographer Robbie is hosting a couple members (women's elite amateurs) of Team Kenda Tire. And his neighbor Jeff is housing some of the other riders/staff. Robbie asked the team manager Paul if I could ride in the team car during today's stage and he said yes. Cool! Should be an interesting experience; I've never gotten to do anything like that before.

Not sure what kinda pictures I'll get. Will miss the men's race. At least there's a finishing circuit around Cannon Falls.

Post-stage thoughts: When you're in the team car, most of the race happens ~200 meters in front of you. Riders rarely come by the car unless they've been dropped or need a bottle. At today's race (average 24.6 mph) only one Kenda rider dropped back for water.

I was lucky that my friend and local rider Linda yo-yo'd through the caravan for a while and I got a few good pictures of her.

Uploaded 12 photos to cyclingnews.

No comments: