Monday, October 20, 2008

Big Ring Flyers CX

Hudson, WI — I was disappointed the wooded section of this course was eliminated; it was a challenge to avoid (for the most part) getting buildings, cars, power lines, etc. in the photos.

There was a small section on the course where many of the riders churned sand into the air. Spent some time trying to get some interesting shots of that.

Wished I had a ladder and a superwide lens; a birds-eye view of the crazy chicanes on this course would've been cool.

Dang it! I keep chopping off people's feet, especially at the barriers...

I'm very jealous of this shot by T.C.Worley. (I think he scaled a chain link fence to get it.) I've admired his work for a while, both on his blog and in the New York Times. I'd like to meet him some time. I'll look for him at the next few races.

Another long night; couldn't get access to the home computer till close to midnight. Ended up posting my slideshow link to the mcf.net msgboard at 2:40am. If you think I chose some poor shots for the slideshow, just blame it on fatigue!

No comments: