Saturday, October 4, 2008

Corcoran CX - photos

I went early so I could take pictures of the "A" and "B" races before my "C" race started.

Some thoughts about my photos:
  • Should have gotten a big-picture overview of the roller coaster. I really failed to capture the essence of it.
  • I know there were only six women racing in the Open category, but I still feel like I didn't get enough pictures of them. However I do like the way this photo shows some of the competition among them.
  • Didn't really get any decent pics of the tricky gravelly corners, especially the hay-bale corner.
  • Oh how I wish I had faster autofocus and a super-wide lens.
  • I'm really happy with my SuperRookie photo; the unique cropping was kind of a happy accident.

2 comments:

OTR said...

Great pics Frank! What's this about a faster auto focus? What are you shooting with? My new camera is light years ahead of my old one as far as autofocus.

Frankster said...

I've got a Pentax *ist-DS that I purchased in April '05. I've missed so many shots from the slow autofocus that I almost always focus manually nowadays.